How To Apply
How do I access an Aged Care Home
When you find it difficult to manage with day-to-day living activities, you may realise you need help, there are many different types of aged care services available to support and cater to your needs.
You may also speak with your GP or another care provider about whether you need to consider accessing aged care home.
IF YES, first of all, you may first need to meet with a member of an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) by visiting their website at My Aged Care and be assessed. An ACAT team member can talk to you about the kind of services you need and approve you for that care.
- Contact your Local Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) and ask for an appointment.
- When you contact the ACAT, leave your message with them, they will call back to advice you on how to gain access to a Nursing Home facility.
- Aged Care Assessment Team will determine which type of care you require, either low-level care (commonly known as a hostel) or high-level care (commonly known as a nursing home).
- WITH THE REPORT FROM AGED CARE ASSESSMENT TEAM, you can come to our facility to fill in the APPLICATION FORM.
- The Care Manager will assess whether you are suitable to stay and put you on waiting list.
- The Care manager will contact you when there is a placement available.
- During the appointment, you and the family member can tour around the facility.
Please note that the best way to find out if an aged care home suits you is by visiting a range of
aged care homes.
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES _ MY AGED CARE can also assist you with regards to residential aged care fees and charges.
Please call 1800 200 422 or visit