Useful Links to Aged Care Information
To access most government-funded aged care you first have to be assessed by health professionals called Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACATs). You can find your nearest ACAT by calling 1800 200 422.
- Australian Government’s Aged Care Information Portal: http://www.myagedcare.gov.au/
- Centrelink: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/dhs/centrelink
- Centrelink Combined Income & Assets Assessment: For determining accommodation fees and eligibility for Government assistance.
- Depart of Social Services -https://www.dss.gov.au/
- Schedule of Fees and Charges for Residential Care: From 20th Sep 2016
- Medicare Information: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/dhs/medicare
- Health Direct – Information on a wide variety of important health issues: http://www.healthdirect.gov.au/
- NSW Government’s Health Issues Website: www.health.nsw.gov.au
- Alzheimers Australia – Dementia Research Foundation: www.alzheimers.org.au/
- Ambulance Information: www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au
- Leading Age Services Australia – Aged Care Industry Representative: http://www.nswact.lasa.asn.au/
- Aged & Community Services Association of NSW & ACT – Industry Representative: www.agedservices.asn.au